Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25 Years

Dearest Family!!!

25 years ago today, within the Castle walls of the Salt Lake temple, a family began. A Gorgeous young bride of only 19 years and her Handsome Groom made a covenant with God to be forever. I am indebtedly grateful for that promise that they made and forever in awe of the Marriage and Parenthood that ensued thereafter. I love you and am celebrating your 25 years today, Mom and Dad! Love love love you!

Steel wool returned this week with our Once a transfer Día de Limpieza yesterday. Handwashed laundry for 2 hours and lots of scrubbing for the rest. Wooee, we did WORK! Also, as far as transfers go, We got our transfer call this morning and . . . wait for it, drumroll . . . We're all staying together!! All 4 of us sisters serving in Cañada de Gomez are staying here. I couldn't have been more surprised, I thought for sure something would change amongst us four. But lo and behold, it isn't so. We are excited to enjoy the Holidays together. I will be calling home on Christmas via Skype, I'm excited to see your faces! I'm assuming I'll be calling home between 1 pm and 5 pm Argentina time. Also, Christmas will be my Pday so I won't be sending a letter next week, just calling to talk to you. I know that's a wide open window I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I hope it will be a wonderful Christmas!

I don't have much time so I'll have to tell you more in our phonecall this next week. Argentina is getting SO HOT I sometimes think I'm going to melt. It has been in the 90-100 degree weather this week without Airconditioning. I have never been so tan in my life!

The favorite experience of the week: There's a menos activa in our Rama (Branch) named Rita. In Argentina many families live under the same roof, and even moreso live on the same property or street. When we're with Rita, we almost always encounter a new person from her family. This week we met Gimena, a Girlfriend living with one of her Grandsons. She has two little boys, ages 7 and infant of 6 months. She believes in God and has studied the New Testament a great deal. She is a marvelous woman. This week we shared with her the Restoration video and afterwards she said she believed it. We taught her to pray, she has only ever said recited Catholic prayers, and so we introduced the process 1) Dear Heavenly Father, 2)We thank thee for, 3)Please Bless or I ask thee for, 4)In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Usually our investigators say they wouldn't like to pray or are too embarrassed. But Gimena just went for it, and offered up a humble, sincere prayer from the Heart. As she prayed that God would watch over her Children and her "Marido," she broke down into tears. She closed the prayer and continued to sob. We asked her what she was feeling, and she explained that she was overcome with feelings of love, peace. We explained that this is the feeling the spirit brings, testifying of truth. We invited her to be baptized but she has to be married in order to do so. We'll for certain be working with her. There is a tremendous power in prayer!

Remember this Christmas Season that God lives! That the true reason for the Holidays is our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. 2013 years ago, he was born to a young mother in a humble stable. He lived a quiet life of servitude, and taught us love. He brought to us the way to get back home to our father, and the way we can enjoy true happiness in this life despite the challenges, fears, difficulties, and heartaches that beset us. He is the light, life, and hope of my life . . . and of the world! Praise ye His name!

Love, con MUCHISIMO amor,
Hermana Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment